Friday, August 7, 2015

I Have Become a Feminist Breakdown Troll




After months of applying for plays/movies/tvshows/music videos online, and months of trying to avoid breakdowns that are so sexist it makes me want to rip out all my hair, I decided that the best way to respond is to become a Feminist Breakdown Troll. 

I will keep you posted if any of these people respond, and if I I happen to #BookIt

Blonde Voluptuous Las Vegas Stripper: (Lead) a beautiful voluptuous stripper dating a famous singer; she wants love, he wants fame, they've been together for a long time and she's was there in the beginning of his career; while living his celebrity life, he gets tired of her complaining and kicks her out into the cold rainy night; blonde Hair, great body, stripping experience not necessary but must understand the look and attitude; sassy & classy with a warm heart that seeks normalcy; full C minimum bust; D or DD preferable.

Hello!
My name is Laura Winters and I am a non-equity actress living in NYC. This seems like such an exciting idea for a screenplay- I have not seen many movies with strippers as main characters! I love that she also seems to be the kind of stripper with a heart of gold :-) (Does she have a name by the way? It looks like she is the lead of the movie, and I was wondering if she had a name besides Voluptuous Blonde Stripper with DDs! JW!)
Looking forward to hearing from you-
Best,
Laura


Mariane: (Lead) the prototypical wide eyed virgin daughter with a secret sultry/rebellious side only seen by her true love Valère until she is forced to use her feminine wiles to escape marriage to the lecherous and repellent Tartuffe; strong movement skills, some familiarity with the French language, and understanding with Burlesque performance preferred; strong comedic timing and command of classical language is a must. Nudity: YES.

Hello! This is one of my absolute favorite plays, and I'm thrilled that you're putting on a burlesque-esque production of it. When I ask people to describe me, half of them definitely call me virginal, and the other half definitely call me sultry (which side is the real me? Or are they both? ha). I also noticed that nudity is a "yes" in this version of the show. #amazing! I'm so excited to see how nudity will improve Tartuffe.
I speak no French, but would obviously love to learn.
Laura

3 Female Vampires Needed: (Lead) Very attractive, model type. Seduction is a big part of luring their victims. These vampires are women of few words. There looks do the talking.

Hi! I'm Laura, a non-union actor. In the year I've lived year, I have let my looks do all the talking (and it's worked :-)). I love that your project understands how women look most attractive in threes. If you cast me, you could also cast a sexy Black vampire as well as an Asian vampire? Just so there's something for everybody!  I look forward to hearing from you!
Laura
PS sry if this is annoying but it's "their looks do the talking." not "there looks do the talking!" lol spelling vampress!








No comments:

Post a Comment